If your furnace could frown, it just might – assuming, that is, that you don’t routinely have it cleaned, tuned up, and inspected. Sorry to say, the majority of our customers fall into that category, but not for lack of trying on our part.
How about you? Can you readily see the benefits of annual preventive maintenance? If not, this blog is for you. And so are these top five reasons why preventive maintenance makes so much sense:
- Improved performance. Without regular maintenance, your furnace becomes prone to more frequent repairs. Costlier ones, too. Filters get dirty and clogged, electrical connections loosen, some parts need lubricating, and the list goes on. So we ask you: is it better to wait for repairs to happen or proactively prevent each such occurrence?
- Longer system lifespan. Furnace manufacturers have improved their products to such an extent that, when properly maintained, they can last up to 20 years. And all it takes is a little ongoing TLC.
- Added safety. Carbon Monoxide is the product of incomplete combustion. When fuel is not completely burned (combusted), carbon monoxide is emitted. Unfortunately, carbon monoxide is odorless, and the consequences of CO emissions can be harmful to your health. At the same time, annual maintenance helps ensure that your family won’t have to face that possibility.
- Added comfort. Do you have hot and cold spots inside your home? There are several possible causes, including a malfunctioning thermostat, poor airflow, and a clogged filter. Whatever the cause, it will be uncovered during preventive maintenance. .
- Lower utility costs. Do you see your home heating costs rising every year? If so, and you haven’t been keeping with system maintenance, you might have just discovered the cause. Remember: the better your system performs, the less it struggles to keep you warm and comfortable. And the result of that is lower utility costs.
Today and always, GBT Heating & Cooling is ready and able to keep your furnace in its best possible condition. Contact us today to schedule service and to learn more about the many advantages of annual system maintenance.Posted by