Ever throw your hands up in the air in frustration over your inability to trim your monthly expenses? If so, and please don’t take this the wrong way, perhaps you’re not trying hard enough or looking in all the wrong directions.
And even if you have enough money coming in to cover all your costs, wouldn’t it be nice to put a little extra each month in your savings account?
Here are some tried and true ways to cut expenses without putting a damper on your way of life:
- So, do you really watch everything your cable TV line-up has to offer? Probably not. So why not cut back on your service, especially the premium channels, or even consider switching from cable to satellite. There’s almost always a better deal out there, and all it takes is a little research to put make it happen for you.
- If you have an abundance of magazine subscriptions, consider cutting back the next time one or more of them come up for renewal. Where to start? Of course: with those you read the least.
- If you’re an avid reader, maybe it’s time to get reacquainted with your public library. That’s right, stop buying and start borrowing them for free. Or, if you must buy, you can find big savings by buying used instead of new.
- Eat out less and cook more often at home. Not only will you reduce your monthly entertainment bill, you’ll eat much healthier because you’ll have complete control over the menu and ingredients. Maybe you take it a step further and form or join an existing neighborhood gourmet cooking club.
- Add window caulk and weather stripping around doors to stop leaking conditioned air year-round. Remember: nothing consumes more energy in your home than your heating and cooling systems. So, anything you can do to keep comfortable for less puts more money back in your pocket.
You know what else you can do to keep your utility costs under control. Contact GBT Heating & Cooling today to request our heating or AC preventative maintenance service. With annual cleanings and inspections, your systems will run better, last longer, and help keep your energy and repair costs down. And that’s a nice reflection on your commitment to saving money.Posted by