If you’re a firm believer in the “leave well enough alone” outlook on life, we’re pretty sure we can change your mind, at least when it comes to your home air conditioning system.
In this case, leaving well enough alone means neglecting recommended and much needed preventative maintenance – both the kind performed by a licensed HVAC professional plus the kind of DIY maintenance steps you can carry out on your own.
What sort of neglect are we talking about? Here are the usual culprits:
- Not cleaning or replacing the filter every 30 – 60 days – something any home owner can do with ease.
- Not having your system professionally cleaned and inspected once a year – even your system manufacturer recommends that to help you derive full value from your purchase. Plus, failure to have preventive maintenance performed could void your manufacturer’s warranty.
- Allowing clothing, draperies and even furniture to block the flow of cool air.
- Ignoring telltale symptoms of repair issues, like soaring utility bills and loud, banging noises coming from your air ducts.
- Not keeping the area around your outside condensing unit free of shrubbery and other objects that can impair its performance.
How can system neglect come back to bite you in the toe? Here’s how:
- Unnecessary repairs, the kind that could have been prevented through regular care
- Higher utility bills
- Polluted indoor air
- Hot and cold spots throughout your home from inconsistent airflow
- Shorter system lifespan
As you can, leaving well enough alone with your AC system is a recipe for disaster.
To obtain full value from your investment in more comfortable indoor living, contact GBT Heating & Cooling today to schedule our multi-step cleaning and inspection process: your best assurance of enhanced system performance, fewer repairs, lower energy bills, and a longer system lifespan.Tags: blog Posted by