Spring has sprung so it’s time to open your windows, let in some fresh air, and jump right into spring cleaning. Doesn’t all sound like fun, does it?
Well, lest you think we’re here to take all the fun out of spring, allow us to share some time-saving shortcuts to your normal spring cleaning regimen.
- Steam up your microwave. Cleaning dried on food splatters from the microwave can be a time-consuming task, but a little steam can make it all go simpler and faster. Simply boil a cup of water in the microwave to create a steam bath that will soften the dried-on gunk.
- Vacuum window treatments. Give your curtains and drapes a quick cleaning – in between washing or taking them to the dry cleaner – by vacuuming them with the upholstery attachment. You can do the same for your blinds and pleated shades.
- Use rubber gloves to ball up pet hair. Getting Fido to stay off the couch may be a losing battle, but cleaning up pet hair doesn’t have to be. Just put on a pair of rubber gloves and wipe your hands over the area. The pet hair will ball right up for fast and easy disposal.
- Dust walls and ceilings with microfiber mop. Eliminate the need for a step ladder by investing in a microfiber mop with a long handle.
- Use a pillowcase to dust ceiling fans. Keep the dust under control by sliding a pillow case over each blade. When you pull it back, you’ll end up dusting the blade and sending the dust inside the pillow case instead of onto your floor.
- Clean your toilet with denture tablets. You read that right. Just drop a few denture tablets into the toilet bowl and walk away. Come back in about 5 minutes and flush. You’ll get a deep anti-bacterial clean that requires no effort at all.
- Clean your dishwasher with a pantry staple. Even your dishwasher needs a good cleaning periodically to remove food scraps, soap residue, and more. Place a dishwasher-safe cup of white vinegar on the top rack of your dishwasher. Run it through a full cycle on the hottest water setting possible and voila! You’ll have a sparkling clean dishwasher without using harsh chemicals.
Spring is also the perfect time to have your AC system professionally cleaned and inspected so it’s up to the challenge of keeping your cool and comfortable this summer. That’s a spring cleaning chore we excel at, and we’re ready to our skill and experience to work for you, too. For AC preventative maintenance at its best, contact GBT Heating & Cooling to schedule service now.Tags: blog Posted by